Facts You Probably don’t Need
- The large intestine is about 15 feet shorter than the small intestine.
- Jousting is the official sport of Maryland.
- The human population has officially passed 8 billion.
- The first CEO of Apple was named Michael Scott.
- Pumpkins, watermelons, avocados, and bananas are all berries while strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are not.
- The Carolina Panthers have never had back-to-back winning seasons but also won the NFC South three years in a row.
- The New York Jets have never beaten the Eagles. They are 0-12 against them.
- Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Sigmund Freud, Leon Trotsky, and Josip Tito all lived in the same neighborhood of Vienna for a brief period in 1913.
- The body of Jeremy Bentham, the famous 18th and 19th century philosopher, is stuffed and kept by the University College London.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.