- 8 sweet Italian sweet sausage (or hot Italian sausages – your choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ cup broth (I used beef)
- 1-15 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Head the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the sausages and cook, turning frequently, until browned all over. This takes about 10 minutes. Remove the sausages from the pan.
Add the onions and stir, lifting the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add the tomato paste and stir. Then add the peppers, garlic, salt, oregano. Cook until the onions and peppers soften. Add the wine, and petite diced tomatoes. Mix to incorporate.
Return the sausages back to the pan. Cook on low for another 45 minutes.
- I used red and orange peppers
By Sharon Feldman
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS