One of the most common metal poisonings is lead poisoning, also known as lead toxicity.
Children are more sensitive to lead exposure than adults, especially children under five years of age. Young children spend more time crawling on the floor where there may be dust contaminated with lead and they tend to put objects in their mouth. Lead may be absorbed via the digestive tract, respiratory tract, and the skin. Lead may be found in the air, water, dust, soil, food, and consumer products. In the U.S., lead has been removed from paint and gasoline, however, some aviation gasolines may still contain lead. If you live in a house or apartment built before 1960, the paint in your house may contain lead. As this paint ages and flakes off, it