- Hippos were almost released in Louisiana as a way to control invasive plants and as a food source for people.
- FDR served hot dogs to the King of England, who LOVED them, which then set off a whole frenzy of hot dog diplomacy (American embassies serving hot dogs to various world leaders, etc), which continues to this day.
- In a 1946 congressional race, JFK ran against a guy named Joe Russo. Another guy named Joe Russo was encouraged to run and put on the ballot so voters would not know which Joe Russo to vote for.
- American architect William Wesley Peters married twice. Both of his wives were named Svetlana. The first Svetlana was the daughter of Frank Lloyd Wright. The second Svetlana was the daughter of Joseph Stalin.
- Gandhi and Winston Churchill both served in the British armed forces in the same battle during the Second Boer War, for which Gandhi received a medal.
- The first fax was sent in 1843. The last living Samurai died in 1877. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865. This means that there was a period where a Samurai could have sent a fax to President Abraham Lincoln.
- The person least related to you on the planet is your 50th cousin. Statistically speaking, you have over 1 million 8th cousins.
Facts from Sean McVeigh, factologist.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS