I got this recipe from website: thespruce.com
"Fried food,” explains Giora Shimoni, "is traditionally eaten on Hanukkah in commemoration of the oil that miraculously burned for eight days when the Maccabees purified and rededicated the holy Temple in Jerusalem." Shimoni's recipe for classic potato latkes —also known as levivot in Hebrew — uses a food processor to simplify the prep.
Yields: 20 latkes
- 5 large potatoes (2-1/2 – 3 lbs). I use Yukon Gold.
- 2 onions, peeled
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ to ¾ cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 cups cooking oil (Canola is recommended)
- Garnish: applesauce and/or sour cream for serving
Line a plate with paper towels and