Facts You Probably don’t Need
- In Spanish, the word “esposas” means both “wives” and “handcuffs.”
- In 2014, a pair of underpants, donated by the Mayor of Brussels, was stolen from the Brussels Underpants Museum.
- “West Side Story” was originally called “East Side Story”.
- The earliest known recipe for macaroni and cheese dates back to 14th century England.
- Penguinone, an organic chemical compound, got its name from the fact that its molecular structure resembles a penguin.
- “Biweekly” means both “twice a week” and “every two weeks.”
- There is an island called Just Enough Room Island located in northern NY at the Canadian-U.S. border on the St. Lawrence River. There is just enough room on the island for a house, a tree, and some shrubs.
- In 1644, Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of minced pies declaring it a pagan form of pleasure.