Facts You Probably don’t Need
- In 1893, a U.S. Constitutional Amendment was proposed suggesting that the country be renamed “The United States of Earth.”
- Since 1950, 93% of all shark attacks have been on men.
- El Salvador has the highest per capita consumption of Worcestershire sauce in the world.
- Don Featherstone, the creator of the famous plastic garden flamingo, wore matching outfits with his wife every day for 35 years.
- Steven Spielberg, Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman did not take salaries for the movie “Hook.” Instead, they split 40% of Tristar pictures’ gross revenues.
- The Cowardly Lion costume in “The Wizard of Oz” was made of real lion fur, skin and human hair. It sold at auction for over 3 million dollars.
- President Calvin Coolidge enjoyed pushing the emergency buzzer on his desk and then hiding when the secret service came running in.
- Barry Manilow didn’t write his hit song “I Write the Songs.”
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.