Cobb Salad Ala Sharona
By Sharon Feldman
- 10 cups of mixed green salad
- · 4 frozen breaded chicken strips, cooked
- · 2 large hard boiled eggs
- · 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- · ½ English cucumber, diced
- · 1 large avocado, diced
- · 8 slices of bacon, crumbled
- · ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (or blue cheese) … optional
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- · 2 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Whisk vinegar, oil, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper into a small bowl to combine. Place salad greens in a large bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss.
Divide the greens among four plates. Arrange equal portions of the chicken, egg, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, bacon and feta cheese (or blue cheese) on top of the lettuce. Drizzle the salads with the remaining dressing.
++You could use shredded rotisserie chicken instead. You can also substitute individual cups of guacamole.