4 Killed & 2 Officers Stabbed in Far Rock Domestic Attack

On Sunday, December 3, the peninsula woke up to the horrific news of a mass fatal stabbing in Far Rockaway. A man fatally stabbed four family members, including two children, and critically injured another, before stabbing two police officers who responded to the scene.

At around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, officers from the 101st Precinct responded to a 911 call at 467 Beach 22nd Street in Far Rockaway. Police found an 11-year-old girl in critical condition with stab wounds in front of the home, as well as 38-year-old Courtney Gordon towing luggage. Police confronted Gordon, who stabbed one officer in the chest and neck and the other in the head. One of the officers responded by fatally shooting Gordon.

The 11-year-old girl, Mikayla James, was transferred to Cohen Children’s Hospital, where she was pronounced deceased. Meanwhile, the police notified the FDNY, as before leaving the home, Gordon had set a couch on fire. FDNY put out the fire and police continued to investigate. Inside the home, they found three people deceased, a 12-year-old boy, Rojaun Davis, a 44-year-old woman, Suzette Taylor-Davis, and a 34-year old man, Rickmon Davis.

A 61-year-old woman, Cristine Watson, was transferred to New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital in critical condition. After underdoing care, Watson is now conscious and speaking. The officers were transferred to Jamaica Medical Center in stable condition. The officers were released Sunday evening.

Watson’s family explained to the New York Daily News that she had taken Gordon into her home after another family member in the Bronx, had told him to leave, and he was facing homelessness. Family expressed that Gordon had increasingly worsening mental health issues and the family had concerns about him harming them. Gordon had one prior arrest for strangulation in a domestic violence incident in the Bronx.

Related post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *