- The word “school” comes from the Greek word for “leisure.”
- The Department of Defense owns over 30 million acres of land.
- The first Medal of Honor was awarded in 1863 to Army Pvt. Jacob Parrott.
- 31 of 46 U.S. Presidents have served in the military. 16 of those 31 served in the Army.
- An NBA court is 94 feet long and 50 feet wide.
- The average golf course is between 7,200 and 7,300 yards long.
- Montpelier, Vermont, is the only U.S. capital without a McDonald’s.
- The movie Titanic turns 25 this year.
Facts by Sean McVeih, factologist.