- Blu-Ray discs hold more data because the laser is actually blue, which has a shorter wavelength than red and can read more accurately, allowing for more storage.
- Before “Let It Go” was written, Elsa was the main villain in Frozen. However, the song was so uplifting that her character was changed instead of the song.
- Pacman was designed to be a never-ending game. The variable that holds the level was only an 8-bit integer though, so at level 256, things begin to act strange, and the level is impossible to beat.
- The Apollo program had a massive effect on the atmosphere of the moon, with each landing potentially doubling the moon’s atmospheric mass.
- The first cloned pet was a cat, and it was named Copy Cat.
- Professional ballet dancers can go through four pairs of pointe shoes in a week.
- During a visit to Boeing, Soviet scientists secretly applied adhesive to the bottom of their shoes in order to covertly collect metal samples from the floor.
- A barrel contains 31 gallons of beer. A keg is 15.5 gallons or a half-barrel.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.