- Spongebob Squarepants was originally going to be called Spongeboy and the show was originally going to be called “Spongeboy Ahoy,” but they had to change his name after it turned out that Spongeboy was the copyrighted name of a mop.
- Although the word is known to be from Anglo-Saxon roots, no one knows for certain who named Earth.
- Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztec empire, and what is now Mexico City, was possibly the highest populated city in the world before its fall. In 1521, Spanish conquistador, Hérnan Cortés, leveled the entire city in 75 days.
- Oklahoma’s state vegetable is the watermelon. Watermelons are fruits.
- The average single male changes his bed sheets four times a year.
- Before the FIFA World Cup 2014 semi-final match in which Brazil lost 7-1 to Germany, they had not lost a single match at a home stadium since 1975.
- Anne Frank’s sister, Margot, also had a diary. It was never found.
- 3.5 billion years ago, a day on earth was only 12 hours.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.