- Katharine Hepburn has the most Oscar awards for acting, with four. Six actors have won three and thirty-seven actors have won two.
- Alice Cooper used to babysit Keanu Reeves.
- While New Coke was extremely unsuccessful, the return of the original Coca-Cola Classic was very successful. When asked if New Coke was released just to boost original Coke sales, an executive replied, “We’re not that dumb and we’re not that smart.”
- People used to be given malaria to cure syphilis. The syphilis was unable to survive the high temperature from the malaria induced fever.
- In Indiana, motorcyclists at a red light only have to stop for 120 seconds and then are allowed to treat the light as a stop sign and proceed accordingly.
- The word “panic” comes from the Greek woodland god Pan who was believed to be the source of mysterious forest sounds that would cause contagious, groundless fear in both animals and humans alike.
- Sir Isaac Newton predicted the world will end in 2060.
- The area surrounding Cape Canaveral, home of the Kennedy Space Center, has the area code 321 like a launch countdown.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.