- More than 60% of Canadians live south of Seattle.
- Qutuz, a prince from Persia, was sold as a slave after the Mongols invaded their land and killed all his family. He arrived in Egypt and rose among the ranks until he became vice-sultan and the defacto ruler. He led the army and served the Mongols their biggest defeat in their history up until that point.
- The average infantryman in WWII saw 40 days of combat over four years, the average infantryman in Vietnam saw 240 days in one year.
- Pepsico formerly owned Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC. These three are now a subsidiary of Yum! Brands.
- Diamonds can in fact be shattered with a hammer. There is a difference between how strong something is and how hard it is.
- The most common street name in the United States is Second Street.
- E ccording to recent research claims, almost all dinosaurs had feathers.
- September 2007, Nepal airlines confirmed that it had sacrificed two goats to appease a Hindu god following technical problems with one of its aircraft. Nepal Airlines said the animals were slaughtered in front of the plane, a Boeing 757, at Tribhuvan International Airport.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.