- Capital letters were stored in the upper tray for typefaces used in letterpress printing. This is why they are called uppercase.
- Edgar Allen Poe attended West Point but did not graduate.
- E In August 2013, Google went down for five minutes and, as a result, took 40% of all internet traffic with it.
- The odds of living to be 100 in North America are 1 in 3,777.
- Before kale became popular, Pizza Hut was one of its largest purchasers. They used it ornamentally to decorate the salad bars.
- On their trip across the continent, Lewis and Clark came across a tribe that knew how to say “son of a b***h” in English.
- The odds of bowling a perfect 300 are 1 in 11,500.
- Teddy Roosevelt gave a two-hour speech shortly after an attempted assassination. He was shot but since he was not coughing up blood, he concluded that the bullet had not reached his lungs so he declined to go to the hospital immediately.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.