Assemblywoman Stacey Pheffer Amato recently had five individual pieces of the legislation signed into law by Governor Kathy Hochul. The Assemblywoman’s bills range from extending the authority of New York City to make investments, to amending the Temporary Commission to Prevent Childhood Drowning.
The five bills were:
- A7400 which expands the City’s authority for increased flexibility in its investment decisions and allows the City to achieve higher yields on its investments.
- A7609 which amends the timeline for the Temporary Commission to Prevent Childhood Drowning in order to complete its important work.
- A7644 which extends the current 7% per annum statutory rate of interest used by the Chief Actuary for the New York City Employees’ Retirement System (NYCERS), Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS), Board of Education Retirement System (BERS), Police Pension Fund and Fire Department Pension Fund in valuing retirement system liabilities for the purpose of computing the amount of employer contributions to those systems.
- A7689 which provides the New York Waterfront Commission with the same pension benefits and authority as investigators of the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor.
- A7766 which ratifies the employment contract of State managerial or confidential employees.
“These bills ensure that we keep moving forward. I thank Governor Hochul for her expeditious work to make sure that these complex but incredibly important bills are signed into law. Each of them plays a part in making sure the State is taking care of its citizens and working towards making New York better,” Assemblywoman Pheffer Amato said.