By Sharon Feldman
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (2ounce) thin cut pork cutlets
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) of unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of chicken broth (or white wine, or mix ½ and ½)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed (Optional)
Combine flour with black pepper.Dredge pork cutlet in flour.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add the pork cutlets, turning once after 6-10 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove cutlets to a heated plate. Cover and keep warm.
Add the broth (or wine), lemon juice, lemon zest and capers (if using) to the skillet. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, using a whisk until smooth.
Pour sauce over the pork cutlets and sprinkle with parsley.
*I served this with roasted spaghetti squash… a little olive oil, salt and pepper and some garlic feta cheese.