- For one week in 1994, Tim Allen had the number one movie at the box office (The Santa Claus), the number one TV show (Home Improvement), and the number one NY Times bestselling book (Don’t Stand Too Close to a Naked Man).
- The Caesar Salad is named after Caesar Cardini, an Italian American hotel owner.
- Dung Beetles can navigate only when the Milky Way or clusters of bright stars are visible. They are the only insect known to orient itself by the galaxy.
- Chipotle peppers are just smoke-dried jalapeno peppers.
- Lego bricks are very consistent, with only 18 bricks out of every 1,000,000 made being considered defective. The bricks manufactured today can also still interlock with those that were manufactured as far back as 1958.
- Pringles are not technically potato chips but actually a slurry of rice, wheat, corn and some potato flakes.
- Roughly 76% of Vietnamese people share only six surnames, with nearly 40% of them having the surname “Nguyen.”
- Bandit, critic, dwindle, lackluster, and swagger were all words invented by Shakespeare.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.