- Panera Bread is called Saint Louis Bread Company exclusively in the St. Louis metro area.
- Ereyesterday is the day before yesterday.
- Scientists at Allen Telescope Array, located in California, always keep champagne on hand in case they discover signs of extraterrestrial life.
- Phobos, Mars’ largest moon, gets closer to Mars by about 2 cm per year. Scientists predict that it is going to collide with Mars or break up into a ring in 50 million years due to tidal forces
- Homo Floresiensis, also known as Flores man, is an extinct 3.5′ tall hominid that used stone tools and is believed to have lived alongside modern humans as recently as 12,000 years ago.
- Uranus was originally going to be named “George.”
- The Ferris Wheel, moving walkway, Pabst Blue Ribbon, pressed penny souvenirs, Juicy Fruit gum and Aunt Jemima pancake mix were all unveiled at the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair.
- There is a tram car in Helsinki, Finland that has been converted into a pub and now gives drinking tours of the city.
Facts by Sean McVeigh, factologist.