- 1 1/5 ounce can of low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Toss in one tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Arrange chickpeas in a layer on a sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minute, until golden brown.
In a medium bowl, add shrimp, one tablespoon of olive oil, juice of one lemon, lemon zest, garlic and red pepper, Toss to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes.
Once chickpeas are brown, spread your shrimp mixture over the roasted chickpeas. Place a few slices of lemon around and in top. Cook another 5-8 minutes until the shrimp are pink in color...
Squeeze remaining lemon juice over the top and serve. If you are using parsley, sprinkle over the top.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS